Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dog training.

I've been working with my pup recently. Stewie is 6 months old and has been avoiding chasing a ball like the plague so I went to Academy Sports and picked up a couple of dummies for him. So far his favorite is the Remington with wings.

He's a natural, he's taken well to retrieving and has a light carry already. I've given him some real dove wings and he carries them around with out eating them. A soft carry and a willingness to please are making him easy to train and a GREAT gun dog.

Sounds don't spook him, and he's great at marking his "bird" with distraction and bringing it back. He's a natural dropper, about a foot shy of where I stand.

I couldn't be happier with him. He'll be studding soon, so get your female ready if you're interested. It is the middle of the season now, happy hunting to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment